Sunday, May 23, 2010

Off to another part of Asia

I'm off to another part of Asia within the hour. For security of our contact, I can not post on the blog where we're heading but most of you know. I wanted to post why I'm going. The short answer is because God said yes. The long answer starts last year. Lilet, a TMFI staff person, went there to do a natural farming demonstration. They normally start in Genesis with God creating the perfect garden. Due to circumstances, they could not mention God at all. After a three day seminar, someone in the group yelled out, "Tell us about your God!" I was amazed at God's show of his glory and was intrigued about a trip there as well. Lilet was planning a trip in November and her and I talked in length about me joining. As an American, it may require me to move about at night and be disguised in local attire. The adventurer in me was ready to sign up! But, my mind told me I could be a liability to their team. If caught sharing the gospel we could be deported. Once deported, you may not enter the country again. For TMFI who is trying to help in this area, that's a great risk. I did not want to be a liability to there team and so I know I could only go if God said yes. I prayed about it and asked others to pray for a decision I needed to make. I didn't tell them details, which drove them crazy, because I didn't want outside influences. Only God's influence. I never got a yes from God. At the end of November I was sitting in church and I don't even remember what was said but I thought to myself, I should be on that trip. This was the time the trip was scheduled. Several days later I got an e-mail from Lilet saying the trip had been post-poned to May. My answer from God had come! Not only was God saying for me to go but he made the details of my trip so much easier and cheaper. Praise God! I'm now asking that you lift me up in prayer this week. May we be shining examples of Christ so that even if we can't proclaim Christ "even the rocks will cry out." Pray as well for our contact's family and for a softening of there hearts. Forty minutes until we leave for the airport-let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment